Monday, January 11, 2016
CINCINNATI – AdvancePierre™ Foods (APF), a nationally recognized, fully integrated producer and seller of sandwiches and value-added proteins, now packages its seven top-selling BIG AZ sandwiches for distribution in 10-count cases. Previously sold eight to a case, the transition to 10-count cases will save an estimated 50 tons of corrugated board annually, saving it from landfills and other energy-consuming reprocessing.
“AdvancePierre is always measuring our operations and processes to maximize efficiencies and lessen environmental impacts,” said Tony Schroder, president of convenience channels at APF. “After careful analysis, we calculated that modifying the case count would result in less waste in the environment and, with the more space-efficient master case, our customers will benefit from more cost-effective storage and transportation.”
The shift to 10-count cases has resulted in new item numbers for the following best-sellers:
• 1443-10 BIG AZ Cheeseburger in printed film
• 0947-10 BIG AZ Cheeseburger in hand-wrapped paper
• 0605-10 BIG AZ Kickin’ Jalapeño Cheeseburger in printed film
• 0604-10 BIG AZ Kickin’ Jalapeño Cheeseburger in hand-wrapped paper
• 1470-10 BIG AZ BaconAddict® Cheeseburger in printed film
• 1465-10 BIG AZ BaconAddict® Cheeseburger in hand-wrapped paper
• 1508-10 GIANT Cheeseburger in printed film
Item numbers for the eight-count cases have been discontinued. The new item numbers currently are available for order nationwide.
For more information about AdvancePierre™ Foods, visit www.advancepierre.com.