Friday, October 12, 2012
For 16 years, Convenience Store News has been enlisting a panel of consumers to rate and rank the newest foods in the convenience store marketplace. This year's panel has singled out AdvancePierre Foods' Fast Fixin' Sandwich Bar Breaded Chicken as the best new lunch/dinner food at convenience stores.
"Unlike most food industry awards, this judging panel is made up of actual consumers, and the consumer has spoken," said Tony Schroder, president of convenience at AdvancePierre Foods, in a prepared statement. "We are always particularly happy when it is our customers who honor our products because it is their opinions that matter most."
New products are judged on the following criteria: taste, value, convenience, healthfulness, quality of ingredients, preparation, appearance and packaging. Citing taste as the most important attribute of any food, it accounts for 30 percent of the total points awarded by judges. The product's value is worth an additional 20 percent of points awarded, and the other factors make up the remaining 50 percent of the total points.
For more information on The Fast Fixin' Sandwich Bar, please visit www.fastfixinbar.com.